At Strengthening Minds we believe that supporting young people involves much more than one on one counselling and assessment. Consultation allows us to create positive changes in structures and develop greater understanding of a range of specific needs within education. Our psychologists have extensive experience in providing professional development to school staff and can tailor our presentations to your specific needs. Whether there is a particular issue arising in a school or a specific situation where you require specialised support we are available to assist. We also meet with schools to consult in relation to individual young people and assessments we have conducted as well as broader topics including systemic learning related issues.
Some of the specific topics we may be able to assist include:
- Understanding and assisting students with learning difficulties
- Supporting students with Autism
- Supporting students with learning difficulties
- Study skills for adolescents and parents
- Stress management for adolescents
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Creating a positive school culture
- Behaviour management
- Building resilience
- Differentiating learning tasks
- Understanding psychoeducational assessments
- Making appropriate referrals
- Responding to critical incidents in schools
As well as staff professional learning we can provide sessions for parents on a range of topics such as:
- Supporting your child’s learning
- Supporting your child’s literacy development
- Understanding your adolescents mental health
- Supporting your child through VCE
- Understanding your child’s learning needs
- Positive behaviour management strategies
Our psychologists have extensive experience in schools and with the requirements of the Program for Students with Disabilities. We are available to provide consultation in regard to the educational needs of different students and can be available to attend meetings with this focus. We can also provide staff with general consultation on the needs of students with disabilities and how to support them in school.
If you would like further information about our consultation service please contact us to discuss your specific needs and how we can assist.